2017 Annual Member’s Exhibition at Southern Vermont Art Center
Hello VPS Members!
The Vermont Pastel Society is excited to announce the 2017 — Annual Members’ Exhibition. This year’s show will be held at the Southern Vermont Arts Center in Manchester, VT. The show will run from May 27th – July 8th with a reception TBA.
The gallery has space for 40 paintings and all VPS members are eligible to enter two pieces of artwork. The gallery does not offer insurance so artists are responsible for their own insurance. In the event one of your paintings sells, the gallery charges a commission of 40%. Depending on the size and response rate of members please distinguish which painting is your first choice. Although there is no jurying-in process, and every effort will be made to display every entered work, it will help the show hangers to know the number of pieces and their sizes, so please follow the How to Enter section carefully. Once we know whether we can hang one or two of your paintings, we will let you know which ones to drop off at the gallery. Like last year’s members’ exhibition, there will be prizes awarded in 9 different categories.
- All artwork, titles and framed sizes, sent by email no later than Sunday, April 30th by midnight.
- Accepted artwork dropped off at the Yester House Gallery between Saturday – Sunday, May 20 & 21st, 9am – 5pm.
- Reception + awards TBA
- Artwork picked up from gallery between Saturday and Sunday, June 10 & 11th from 9am – 5PM
- Specifications: Please have a card with your name, title and price attached to the back of your artwork.
- All VPS members are eligible to enter two pieces. Artwork must be framed and ready to hang from wire. Paintings must be identical to submitted images.
- Gallery: Southern Vermont Arts Center
• Oil or soft pastels How to Enter:
• You may enter up to two paintings
- Please list your name followed by the title and framed dimensions of your paintings with V=vertical dimension first and H=horizontal dimension second. (See example below)
- We will endeavor to hang each of your paintings, but in the event that the number of entries is large and the space is limited please rank the order you would want them hung, (i.e., 1=definitely hang this; 2=really try to hang this if there is space)
1. Matthew J Peake Winter’s White 18V x 24H 2. Matthew J Peake Ice Capers 12V x 9H
- Send above information to Susannah Colby at Susannahcolbyfineart@gmail.com by Sunday, April 30th 2017
- If you don’t receive an email confirmation, within 48 hours of sending, that your entry has been received, contact Matthew Peake at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we know whether we can hang one or two of your paintings, we will let you know which ones to drop off at the gallery.
By submitting titles and framed sizes for hanging in this show, artists understand that the Vermont Pastel Society has no insurance for liability available for art in transition to and from the venue and while hanging in the venue. All risk for damage to or loss of artwork at the exhibit as well as during transportation to or from the venue is the responsibility of the artist.
With all of us participating, this VPS show will garner lots of viewer attention at a really great venue. Thank you for offering your pastels for exhibition! And please let us know now if you would be willing and able to volunteer to help with
- The reception
- Coordinating of transport of paintings to and from the galley
- Asking art stores, art suppliers, framers, etc. for donations of product or gift certificates to offer as prizes for the show participants.
- Hanging of the show
Sincerely, Susannah Colby