Southern Vermont Art Center
April 3 – June 3, 2021
Galleries 9 and 10
This is a gallery show, but there will be not be an opening reception.
Judging will be held the week of April 3, with notification of awards sent by email. The judge is David Francis. https://www.defrancispastels.com
The Art Center is open Wednesday to Saturday (10 – 4) and Sunday (12 – 4), closed on Monday and Tuesday.
Hello VPS Members!
We are pleased to announce that during this time of COVID19, we will still be able to hold a members show at the beautiful Southern Vermont Arts Center. Originally, this show was to be our 2021 juried show, but due to the short time we have to organize it, it was agreed that we would make it a members show.
Please submit your artwork before midnight on March 1. We only need the title(s) and the size(s) by March 1 , so that we can determine:
· How many members want to display artwork.
Once we have a total number of members who want to show their work along with the sizes, we will determine:
· If we can fit both your first choice and your second choice paintings.
If we have a large turnout with many large paintings, we may only allow one of your paintings in the show due to space constrictions.
Southern Vermont Art Center will be hanging this show and it will coincide with their Members Show so their advertising will benefit us.
Monday, March 1: Midnight deadline for emailed entries
Sunday, March 28, Monday, March 29, 12 – 4 pm: Drop off accepted work
April 3: Show opening (no reception)
June 3: Show closing
June 4: Pick up artwork
All VPS members are eligible to enter two pieces. Accepted artwork must be framed, labeled and ready to hang from wire. The paperwork from SVAC will be available closer to the show date. This paperwork must be attached to the artwork.
The gallery collects a 40% commission from all sold works. Members are allowed to submit NFS work, but you are highly encouraged to have your work for sale. The money collected from the sales supports the Southern Vermont Art Center.
How to Enter:
· You may enter up to two paintings.
· Please list your name, the title, price and framed dimensions of your paintings with V= vertical dimension first and H=horizontal dimension second (See example below).
· Please identify your work the following way:
1. (MY FIRST CHOICE) Linda Masten – Sunny Valley- $800- 18V x 16H
2. (MY SECOND CHOICE, if there is room) Linda Masten – Nightfall – $1200 23V x 16H
· Send above information to Linda Masten ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) by Monday, March 1. No photos necessary.
· If you don’t receive an email confirmation, within 48 hours of sending, that your entry has been received, contact Linda Masten.
· Once we know whether we can hang one or both of your paintings, we will let you know which one(s) to drop off at the gallery.
· Luminous Landscape Award
· Reflective Waterscape Award
· Lively Still Life Award
· Figuratively Speaking Award
· Abstractly Appealing Award
· Totally Tonal Award
· Colorfully Crafted Award
· Lovely Lines Award
· Shapely and Edgy Award
· Touchingly Textural Award
· Judge’s Choice Award 1
· Judge’s Choice Award 2 (this was a People’s Choice Award, but was changed due to no reception)
The winners will be announced and notice of the winners and photographs of the winning paintings will be sent to the membership.
By submitting titles and framed sizes for hanging in this show, artists understand that the Vermont Pastel Society has no insurance for liability available for art in transition to and from the venue and while hanging in the venue. All risk for damage to or loss of artwork at the exhibit as well as during transportation to or from the venue is the responsibility of the artist.
With all of us participating, this VPS show will garner lots of viewer attention at a great venue. Thank you for offering your pastels for exhibition!
VPS-SW HUB and Co-Chairs of the SVAC Exhibition
If you have questions, please contact Linda: email@example.com.