Mark Grasso is an American artist who was born and raised in the Northeast. Mark has always been drawn to the mountains, lakes and ocean. He is inspired by the natural surroundings and captures the serenity and magnificence of his special moments with nature. Whether it’s majestic mountains, reflections in a lake, the colors of autumn or a wildlife moment, Mark’s goal is to “share the moment” through oil, acrylic and pastel paintings.
Mark started oil painting in 1983 while living in Louisiana and Texas. He is dedicated to improving his skills and knowledge through studying with various artists and has expanded his painting skills by delving into acrylics and pastels. He found that his engineering background combined with his love of nature and art give him a unique perspective and expression through his contemporary realist paintings that capture the light, feeling and emotion of the moment.
Recent juried and invitational exhibitions & awards:
- SVAN (Sacandaga Valley Arts Network Gallery Exhibition – 2020
- Vermont Pastel Society – Southwestern Hub Exhibition – Bonnet & Main – 2019
- Adirondack Pastel Society National Juried Exhibition – The Shirt Factory – 2019
- Vermont Pastel Society – Southwestern Hub Exhibition – Valley Artisans Market – 2019
- SVAN (Sacandaga Valley Arts Network Gallery Exhibition – 2019
- Vermont Pastel Society Juried Exhibition – 2019 (Mallory Lake Memorial Award)
- Adirondack Pastel Society Annual Members Exhibition – Crandall Public Library – 2019
Mark Grasso Fine Art